Structured QA approach reduces test cycle time by 60%
Our Client is a wireless location-based services company that provides services including global positioning system (GPS) navigation, local search, automotive navigation solutions, mobile advertising, enterprise mobility and workflow automation.
The client intends to optimize the search engine capabilities to enhance end user experience.
Performance measurement was a major roadblock to client’s initiative of optimizing the search engine SDK and APIs.
Some of the challenges were:
- Dependency on code check-in to measure the performance resulting in longer testing cycles
- 2 days of average time to measure performance after code check-in
- Minor changes to search engine SDK or API significantly increased testing efforts
- Measure only one region at a time
- Significant difference in real-life and lab environment results
These challenges led to longer and inefficient testing cycle and thereby severely impacting time-to-market.
Infostretch followed a structural approach to breakdown the issue in smaller problems and solve the issues.
Key highlights of the solution are:
- Built a custom framework to test search engine SDK and APIs on platforms such as QNX and Android
- Built a 1-click solution to execute all test cases on multiple platforms for multiple regions and countries
- Facilitated the ability to test cases in real-time and run tests at unit lest level rather than at code check-in
- Created a controllable real-life environment such as CPU memory, network conditions etc.
- Developed a metrics dashboard to monitor and analyze performance issues in real-time
Some of the key benefits of engagement with Infostretch are:
Testing time brought down from weeks to hours
Decrease in the number of coding cycles
Ability to test the code on all platforms and regions
60% savings in testing cycle times
Reduced dependency on expert resources for testing
Increased confidence levels of development and code check-in
Infostretch built a 1-click solution to execute all test cases on multiple platforms for multiple regions and countries
Talk to Infostretch
We would love to hear more about your project.
Even a short phone call can help us explain how our solutions can accelerate your mobility, jump start your continuous delivery and help reduce costs. And that’s just for starters, understanding more about your project will enable us to build a solution that fits your objectives, infrastructure and aspirations!
Our team is available to chat through your project. Contact us
Latest News, Events, and Thought Leadership
Hear us speak on “Augmented Reality, Alexa and Blockchain – Made for Each Other”
See More Events
Sep 14, 2018 @ 9:25am – 9:50am
San Jose Convention Center,
San Jose, CA
Sep 14, 2018
Learn Successful Adoption of Model Based Testing (MBT) in Agile QA
See More Webcasts
Siva Anna with Anna Royzman from Test Masters Academy
June 28, 2018 @ 10am – 11am PT
Jun 28, 2018