Agile test and automation drive QE initiative for digital
Our client is a leading international resort and leisure company with over 1,200 properties worldwide in 100 countries, across 11 distinct brands, and an award-winning loyalty program.
With increasing user adoption of digital devices among travelers for travel information and services, executives at this hotel and resort chain wanted to enhance its Mobile App and Mobile Web presence to improve user experience.
They had several challenges to overcome to achieve these goals:
- Inability to respond to market demand for new digital solutions and platforms quickly and effectively
- Need to serve a global customer base with localized content in multiple languages
- An existing application test process that was highly manual and time-consuming for the hotel chain’s internal QA team
- Need to enhance the customer experience with increased connectivity and personalization via mobile to stay competitive
Infostretch deployed a Quality Engineering (QE) initiative which streamlined mobile testing and QA processes and developed an app that accelerated the client ability to launch new digital services.
Some of the key highlights of the engagement are:
- Test automation based on Selenium and Cucumber as well as Infostretch’s own test automation
- framework, QMetry, further speeding deployment and reducing costs.
- Multiple Agile development and test initiatives for Native, Mobile Web and desktop to ensure a high quality experience for every user. This included:
- 20 combinations of desktop browsers
- 6 different combinations of mobile web
- Device compatibility testing with a range of iOS and Android devices
- Agile testing comprised of 2-week “sprints,” followed by regression and end-to-end testing
- 2 months of integration testing on 4-5 device platforms in 17 languages
- Early triage of potential issues and analysis of content
Growth in mobile usage from insignificant in 2011 to almost 50% of all online traffic today
Support for up to 17 languages and 11 brands and a localized mobile solution to cater to non-English speaking markets
Ability to actively monitor user experience through automation
Reduction in regression test cycles from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 days
Reduction in internal resources from 30 people to 3
Faster time to market for critical new mobile apps and services
Infostretch streamlined mobile testing and QA processes and developed an app that accelerated the clients ability to launch new digital services
Talk to Infostretch
We would love to hear more about your project.
Even a short phone call can help us explain how our solutions can accelerate your mobility, jump start your continuous delivery and help reduce costs. And that’s just for starters, understanding more about your project will enable us to build a solution that fits your objectives, infrastructure and aspirations!
Our team are available to chat through your project. Contact us
Latest News, Events, and Thought Leadership
Hear us speak on “Augmented Reality, Alexa and Blockchain – Made for Each Other”
See More Events
Sep 14, 2018 @ 9:25am – 9:50am
San Jose Convention Center,
San Jose, CA
Sep 14, 2018
Learn Successful Adoption of Model Based Testing (MBT) in Agile QA
See More Webcasts
Siva Anna with Anna Royzman from Test Masters Academy
June 28, 2018 @ 10am – 11am PT
Jun 28, 2018