Infostretch is a pure-play digital engineering services firm focused on helping companies accelerate their digital initiatives from strategy and planning through execution. We leverage deep technical expertise, Agile methodologies and data-driven intelligence to modernize systems of engagement and simplify human/tech interaction. We deliver custom solutions that meet customers’ technology needs wherever they are in their digital lifecycle. Backed by Goldman Sachs and Everstone Capital, Infostretch works with both large enterprises and emerging innovators -- putting digital to work to enable new products and business models, engage with customers in new ways, and create sustainable competitive differentiation.
Gathi Analytics is a leading data analytics solution and services company. Gathi's unified data framework, tools, and expert consulting services enable business teams to access, integrate, organize and analyze enterprise data quickly and efficiently to make better data-driven decisions. Companies from all industries partner with us for our innovative mindset to help them digitally transform to create market advantages, become resilient, and prepare for what is next.
Gathi consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. Our goal as an organization is to help our clients gain insights they never thought were possible and understand their data assets in ways they never could before.
In 2019 and 2020, Gathi received the "Box Award" for Excellence in Advanced Analytics, celebrating advancements and achievements in the data analytics space. In 2021, we were named one of the top workplaces in the Columbus, Ohio region and #1 in the small business category. We are on track to more than quadruple our sales revenue this year.
We are looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join our remote team.
This team is part a newly formed ML/AI practice dedicated to providing our clients and partners best-in-class data science solutions, especially in ML/AI. The practice is 1 of 6 data services offerings for Gathi Analytics. There are ~6 full-time team members as part of the practice. The team will grow in-line with client projects/engagements.
This individual will be the ML/AI expert for the practice focusing on quality assurance of algorithm development, ML operations, and oversight of project deliverables. This role will also work closely with junior data scientists to ensure proper data science techniques and assist in up-leveling and developing junior talent. This individual will be partnering with our internal technical teams, clients and partners. The Principal Data Scientist is an expert in emerging technologies and ML/AI methods. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of ML/AI algorithms e.g., neural networks, naïve bayes, logistic regresions, clustering, hidden Markhov etc. The ideal candidate will also have strong contextual intelligence to know what models should be applied for differing use-cases and industries.
- Work closely with the VP of the ML/AI practice on client projects/ engagements
- Recommend best practices and solution approaches for new client proposals
- Oversee junior data scientists in discovery, development, and deployment of the data science process
- Supply senior level guidance on approach and methodologies
- Solution architect ML operations for deployment of models
- Identify critical and emerging technologies that will support and extend the practice capabilities
- Oversight of less complex ML/AI model development
- Ownership and development of the more complex models
- Clearly articulating the methods, formulas, and assumptions and how the models/algorithms are aligned to meet business objectives
- Explain complex concepts to others who may not be experts in data science, mathematics, statistics
- Apply and advise on best-in-class, data-driven decision process paired with forward thinking business and ML/AI industry trends
- Act as the team lead for best-practices, quality assurance of teamwork, and final team filter for quality of methods and deliverables before handing off to leaders
- 7+ years’ experience in a Senior level data science role
- Masters or PhD in quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science. Additional related work experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree in a quantitative field.
- 4+ years’ experience in working with third party data assets
- 4+ years’ experience in AWS, SageMaker, S3, Athena (or Azure/GCP)
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL, Teradata, Snowflake, Databricks, Apache Spark
- 4+ years’ experience in Python, R, or similar
- 4+ years’ experience in Jenkins, Docker, Git, or similar
- Packages/Libraries: Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Qiskit, Pytorch, Umap, Matplotlib, SQL-Alchemy
Why Join Our Team?
- Diverse culture, experiences, and skills.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are a direct implementation partner, there is not a go-between and employees are speaking directly with clients for all our projects.
- Backed by PE investments from Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking and Everstone Group
- Continuously working with the most up to date cloud and engineering capabilities allows us to help companies execute their digital vision with exceptional precision and speed
- We are only as good as our people. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed to and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of data and analytics
- We welcome innovators with entrepreneurial spirits to grow with our team
- Work from home flexibility with limited travel for most roles within our organization
- Annual Excellence in Analytics Awards - "Box Award" 2019 & 2020
- Top Workplaces - Greater Columbus Top Workplaces 2021